TR 4 & TR4-A Grill Bars

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 4 & TR4-A Grill Bars
From: "Gerald M. Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:12:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
If you have followed this thread recently please listen to Steve McCutcheon
and see his posts for references to photo's of the differences between the
two Bars. There is a distinct difference and the TR4 Bar will not fit a
TR4-A and the reverse is true as well unless you use a BFH in which case
you'll get it to fit. I purchased a Bar thinking it was for my 4-A and it
did not fit. Steve and I made a deal and I purchased a 4-A Bar from him and
it fits very nicly (Thanks Steve). While I was at Steve's we tried the Bar I
had previously purchased on his TR 4 and it fits very nicely. So there is a
difference, I've tried them and know it to be true!

Since I am a member of the WPTA I have offered the Bar for the TR 4 to that
group via their newsletter. So far no takers. I will wait a week and then
it's up for grabs @$100.00 plus shipping and packaging. To protect it well
it will need extra care in packaging. After that it gos to e-bay.

The Bar being fabricated by a fellow lister appears to be very nice and if
anyone wants a "Badge Bar" it looks like a real winner to me. If you want a
Grill Bar then you'll want the one I have. It's never been installed as I do
have the original torn and battered box.
The e-bay photo of the TR4 Bar can be found at :
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=266881374

You can e-mail me of list at jerryvv@worldnet.att.net I will be traveling
for the next several days so if I may be slow to respond.
Jerry Van Vlack
TR4-A CTC 69150LO