V8 TR6 was: LBC tow vehicle engine upgradena.com>

To: "Ferguson, Michael" <FergusonML@aetna.com>, "'Brad Kahler'" <bkahler@jacads.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: V8 TR6 was: LBC tow vehicle engine upgradena.com>
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:22:54 -0500
At 09:33 AM 3/3/00 -0500, Ferguson, Michael wrote:

>Take a drive to Alcoa, TN. Plan to arrive around midnight. I hear you'll
>find a very nice 5.0L Ford V8 sitting in a TR6. Should be a perfect fit!

Speaking of V8s in TR6s, I've recently acquired a beautifully restored 75
TR6 body, on what appears to be a good frame.  The engine is shot, and I
suspect the tranny is too.   I've been wondering what V8/tranny combination
would be the easiest to put in, with the least cutting and fabricating.  I
know Dan Masters has used the 5.0 Ford, but are there others that fit as
well, or better?

Right now I'm just in the "thinking" stage, so don't anyone get upset yet.
I also have a bad TR6 body surrounding an engine with triple webers, so I
might merge the two instead of the V8.  I just think a V8 TR6 would be a
nice addition to the clan...

Thanks...
Don Marshall