Re: Off-topic, but LBC -- MAYBE

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off-topic, but LBC -- MAYBE
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 14:18:07 EST
Hi Jeff,
Yes that's an Aston Martin DB2.  You do know the DB stands for David Brown.
Very few of the convertibles were made, even fewer Tipi Hedrens.  The movie
takes place in Bodega Bay and SF.  My wife, son, and I stayed there summer
before last.  The place is now vastly different from the movie.  The Inn at
the Tides motel and restaurant are huge, but have very nice accommodations
and food, and lots of "Birds" mementos.  My son says the birds will never
return to Bodega Bay as I had a gas attack of historic proportions that would
disperse any avian population.

We actually were behind the Austin-Healey rally from Seattle to SF.  We just
happened upon them in Ureka, CA and again at the Healey Grove in the
Redwoods.  I was telling one of the participants how I had traded my AH
Bugeye for a Jaguar S-type, he seemed sad and said the Bugeye was always his
favourite.  Two months later I found out the guy I was talking to was Donald
Healey's son.

Bill Brockschmidt
Springfield, IL