Re: Removing TR3 Crank?

To: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Removing TR3 Crank?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:33:07 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi George
In my experience, though not with TR's, I always think it is easier to lift
the engine then dismantle, as once you take into account the time spent
removing the tranny, then the extra time to dismantle because you are laid
on your back (or stood in a pit if your lucky) then how much more difficult
it is to keep things clean under the car if you get the occasional draught
(no not the type you drink) in your garage, the extra time involved in
lifting the engine is easily offset by the ease of work afterwards! YMMV

Graham.