RE: Gettin' 'er Fired UP!

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@nac.net>, "Spitfire List (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gettin' 'er Fired UP!
From: "Greg Hendrix" <gahendrix@att.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:59:36 -0500

Atwell,

Thank you for the info. This is what I was looking for (the carb
adjustments).

Yes, it is fresh gasoline. I removed the tank and drained it dry, blew the
lines clear, cleared the fuel pump, and installed a new fuel filter.

No, the air cleaner is not on. It is a manual choke.

FWIW, I NOW have the recurring problem of turning the key and.......silence.
Nothing. Nada. Zilch. This is how my day Saturday started before I decided
to replace the coil. I know that the coil wouldn't prevent the starter from
turning (would it?!? Geez, I'm getting to wonder what I DO know!).

Am I right in beginning to suspect the ignition switch?

Also, FWIW, this thing has a Lucas breakerless point system on it that's
powered from the lugs on the coil. The only other connection there appears
to go to the ignition switch.

Any additional insight would be much appreciated. The Prince strikes back.

Greg Hendrix
Downingtown, PA
'74 Spitfire (in traction and on a respirator)