Re: TR3A Tranny

To: paul landry <plandry@autobahn.mb.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3A Tranny
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:04:18 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

I believe that the picture of the triangular spacer is from a very old
transmission.  The transmission section of my original TR-3, with updates
for the TR-3A, workshop manual, shows this washer also.  This manual is an
original, as provided to the dealers.  However, I have never seen one in
any of the transmissions that I have disassembled.

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, paul landry wrote:

> We've taken apart two TR3A transmissions - have the parts on two
> workbenches and are comparing the parts with a Moss catalog exploded
> view.  The catalog shows a "triangular washer between the first gear and
> bearing" but none were in either trannys.  Moss don't have one even if
> it is shown in their catalogue.  Is one necessary??  Was this a factory
> change??  What now??  Thanx for your help
>
> Paul Landry

James A. Ruffner