Around the world Auction or NOT

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Around the world Auction or NOT
From: Transmancat@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:23:24 EST
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Hi Guys

OK, I told you that the charity auction would start on March 1st and it did.
The bidding for a totally rebuilt overdrive or a gearbox rebuild is standing
at $500, someone is about to get a bargain. I also told you that I would
report daily to this list. I have not done so because (thanks to list member
that suggested that I check out the legality of the auction) the law says
that I cannot do this!! It is so hard to give something away to a good cause,
a children's hospice.

I spent some 4 hours with lawyers on Friday trying to get round this. No
offense to any person, but do Lawyers have their hearts removed at law school!

Anyway this is now NO LONGER AN AUCTION.  Instead I am offering some parts
and my services (overdrive and gearbox rebuilds) to a bunch of my friends at
whatever price they care to offer me in return. I will then choose to take or
reject that offer, (I will take the highest) and then donate all the money
given to me to the charity. On offer is only one overdrive or one rebuild.
But I repeat it is not an auction.

The previous bids (oops sorry, offers will stand if that is OK with you guys)?

Remember this is all for charity, all the money will go to the hospice
concerned with the around the world in 80 days event!!!

A group of people intend to dive around the world in 80 days in old car! The
Hunts from Scotland are doing it for the children as are the team from
London. Waterloo Drivetrain Systems    <A HREF="http://www.waterloo-dtr.com/";>
WATERLOO DRIVETRAIN SYSTEMS</A> is acting as service crew on the American
section of this event and is also donating the time and equipment used to
charity. For more details check out the link.

<A HREF="http://www.aroundtheworld.scotland.net/";>Around the World in 80 Days<
/A>

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards,