FW: Suspension Parts

To: Chris Kincer <KincerC@area.abcbank.com>
Subject: FW: Suspension Parts
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:46:39 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Chris Kincer
>Hello everyone.  As I'm getting ready to order some suspension parts I am
>wondering what else I should replace.  As of right now I am ordering-
>front and rear bushings,

Don't forget the trunion rebuild kits

>front and rear springs,

If you like.  are they sagging?

>steering rack mounts,

These don't normally wear out.

>rubber upper steering joint,

Yes!

>front shocks (anyone have any preferences for these?),
>rear levers are getting rebuilt,
>link kit for levers to the trailing arm.

>As you can see I'm getting ready to spend a little dough and would like to
>do this right.  Am I missing anything obvious?  What about rack
components,
>inner, outer tie rods etc?

The tierod ends can be checked for looseness and if they are good I would
leave them be since they can be easily changed without a lot of disassembly
unlike a lot of the above listed items.

>Any advice would be much appreciated,

Get new cotter pins

>Chris Kincer
>73 TR6

Good luck on the rebuild and figure about three hours per side plus a
couple hours for the learning curve.

Dave
71 TR6