TR3A Project Update --- On the Road Again !!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Project Update --- On the Road Again !!!
From: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:07:33 -0500

10 months ago, I bought a '60 TR3A that hadn't run in 14 years. The
intention from the start has been to restore it and sell it. The day after
I got it home, I began a total frame-off restoration. Yesterday afternoon,
being unseasonably warm and dry here in Michigan, I got a chance to drive
it for the first time. What a dream! That made all the gruelling 356 hours
of work I spent on it worth the trouble! The only big problem I had was
keeping the rear tires from spinning when I let off the clutch !!!   After
I got back home, I was jumping and yelling with excitement. The whole event
attracted some of the neighbors to share in my celebration.

Now I just have a few odds and ends to finish (re-check timing and carb
sinc, install top, install new hood fasteners, and swap wheels) and she'll
be ready for the classifieds. Unless the weather turns nasty (and that's a
big probability here --- forecast calls for 75 degrees today and snow by
Saturday!), I'm planning to invite the previous owner to come over tomorrow
to see the resurrection and take her for a drive. I'll get out my '58 TR3A
and we'll do our own little "cruise".  This is the moment I've been waiting
for.

Thanks again to all of you who have helped me along the way by answering my
endless list of questions.

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI