Re: Clutch problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch problems
From: john.j.reed@gm.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:34:09 -0500

Thanks for all the tips on my clutch problem.  I had to go out of town and won't
have a chance to get back to the garage until this evening.  I don't think the
pin is broken.  I changed the gearbox and put in a new cross shaft, fork and
pin.  The quick engagement problem has not changed from the first time I pushed
the pedal.  It does seem to get worse when the car sits for a couple hours and
pumping the pedal does help.  The pin was broke on the one I removed, but it
still worked fine - just more trouble than I wanted to deal with to remove it.
Before I replaced anything, the only problem I had was a slow engagement due to
the bad slave cylinder hose.

I plan to try bleeding the master cylinder.  If that doesn't work I'll try some
of the bleeding techniques with the slave cylinder removed.  I have never tried
this and I am concerned about blowing the piston out the end of cylinder.  I'll
post again with an update

Thanks,

John Reed