door/window seals

To: TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: door/window seals
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:49:22 -0800
Folks,

I just completed the installation of my side window glass,
regulators, and inner and outer window seals. Everything
went remarkably well. I didn't have to resort to fabricating
a special tool to install the seals. I installed items in this order:

1) fuzzy seal
2) front window track
3) window regulator
4) rear most clip of outer seal, along with outer seal. The
remaining clips were installed later.
5) rear window track
6) glass (assembled with its bonded lower track). The
glass can be inserted with the inner seal (fuzzy) installed.
7) remaining clips of outer seal. These can be installed
by clipping them on by hand while strategically positioning
the window. I was able to install all the outer clips this way,
no need for a special tool.

I'm now moving on to the door panels and upper door pad
and am not sure how the upper door pad (arm rest) is
installed. It almost looks like the vinyl extending from the
top edge of the pad should be placed between the fuzzy
internal door seal and the door frame metal. This makes
me cringe cause I have a feeling that this extra flange of
vinyl should have been glued to the door metal before
installation of the fuzzy seal. (way back at step (1) #@!$$#.
Any comments on successful ways of installing this pad
would greatly restore my sanity :-)

TIA
David Brady
TR250