Re: FW: Sand Blaster Plans

To: Andy Dixon <amdixon@erols.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Sand Blaster Plans
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 19:16:57 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I actually had that happen on a VW Beetle I owned long ago.

It was the middle of winter, snow on the ground as I and two of my friends
cruised about in my Bug. All of a sudden the engine starts to cough, and I can
see flames coming out of the vent behind the rear window.

We all got out, lifted the engine lid, and piled on snow to put out the fire.
Fixed the fuel hose, wrapped rags and paper around the toasted wires to insulate
them and it started right back up. We continued onward for the evening and I
didn't repair the wires for several days.

--
George Richardson
Monroe, New York