TR6 wiring problem

To: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: TR6 wiring problem
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:53:39 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Jay Snavely"

I have just finished reassembling my car and find I still have a wiring
problem.  It seems to be on the main cable from the positive terminal to
the
starter.  There is a wire connection where 3 large wires are joined to the
cable and the connections are shielded by a black plastic cover.  The power
to the car completely shuts off right after the starter kicks in.  If I
wiggle these connections, everything is OK again.  But as soon as I hit the
starter again, it dies, lights, instruments and all.  The connections were
corroded so I tried to clean them with a emery board cut to fit inside the
connectors.  Is there a better way to clean connectors?  I'm thinking maybe
I should replace the cable and/or connectors because I don't want this
problem to occur later.

Jay
74TR6
<

Jay,  This sounds like a classic case of a marginal connection at the
battery.  Take both battery cables loose (one at a time) and clean them and
reattach firmly.

Else the connector on the battery cable you are playing with is clamped
onto the cable. If you look closely you will see a fastener head which you
may try to tighten.  This may rectify the situation if this connection is
marginal.

Good luck

Dave