TR6 Hood Release

To: "Silvestre Ortiz" <silvestre.ortiz@cditx.com>
Subject: TR6 Hood Release
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:53:49 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Silvestre Ortiz"
>I have revisited this topic because I'm worried about this potential
disaster. In reviewing previous List responses to the problem, EXACTLY how
does one hook the new/back-up cable to the lever arm? Where does one brace
the cable in order for the proper action to happen when pulling on the new
cable?

TIA.
Silvestre Ortiz
<

Silvestre,

I just drilled a hole in the clamp brace (where the other cable sheath is
clamped) that is just big enough to let the inner cable pass.  The sheath
will just but up against the bracket.  Clamp the inner cable in the same
clamp as the other cable.  It will fit.

I mounted the back-up release in the passenger (right) footwell so I can
release the bonnet from either side of the car.  ;-)

Dave Massey