* MIG Welder *

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * MIG Welder *
From: wbrazinski <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:40:03 -0600
On the subject of Harbor Freight (thanks for the referral to them!)
could someone tell me if the MIG Welders listed below will suffice for
the "flat" sheet metal panel welding I have to do?  I am sending out the
hard stuff.  The units below cost either $199.00 (NO gas) to $299.00
(GAS). Get what you pay for <grin>?

regards (again!)

Wayne

snip ---

WITH GAS FOR $299.00
115 VOLT!

For mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. Weld with gas or perform
flux cored gasless operations. Features 4 heat settings, variable speed
wire-feed regulation and automatic thermal protector with warning light.
Optional 7-1/2'' reel adapter lets you use 11 lb. wire reels.

Manufacturer: Chicago Electric Welding
Welding current range: 25 to 85 amps
Input: single phase 115 volts, 60 Hz
Open voltage: 19 to 30
Duty cycle: 16% @ 75 amps
Draws 15 amps @ 115 volts
Weldable wires:
.023'' to .035'' steel and stainless steel
.030'' to .035'' aluminum
.030'' flux-cored
Dimensions: 9-7/8'' x 13-1/2'' x 17-3/4''
Shipping weight: 57 lbs.

ITEM 36691-5VGA

NO GAS FOR $199.00

The easiest way to weld sheet metal and light carbon steel.
Specifically designed to use self-shielding flux-cored welding wire,
eliminating any need for gas and regulators normal MIG welders
require. The optional 7-1/2'' reel adapter lets you use 11 pound wire
reels. Includes: mask, brush/hammer, flux-cored wire, torch, tip &
manual.

Model: Chicago Electric Welding
Input: 115 volt, 15 amps, single phase
Welding current: 55 to 90 amps