Re: gearbox oil

To: <Crazeecooter@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gearbox oil
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:32:14 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    til it runs out the filler hole on the side of the gearbox.
seriously, that's what i've been told and it makes sense that the filler
hole is your "gauge".
    i pulled the top cover off just to see the innards and watched for it to
level up with the filler hole, i had removed the plug.
    i'd also check it a couple times as you've got to let the oil flow into
the overdrive unit and that can take a while depending on the temperature.
you'll probably top it up at least once after the intitial fill.
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (w/ shiny new sidemarker lamps)
Denver, Co