TR3 Windshield frame question

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Windshield frame question
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:19:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Getting ready to take a windshield frame to the platers.  I have 5 top
sections that have been separated from their matching bottoms long before I
ever got them...  One top and one bottom are definitely more curved
(upwards) than all the rest.  Could this be for an earlier (TR2 or early
TR3) car as opposed to the later more flattened frame?  Just curious.

Also, one set is a much sturdier (and heavier) material than all the rest.
Any ideas on that?  It works out that this is the set I will be using since
it is one of two that are pre-drilled for a hardtop.  (The curved one above
is the other)

Finally, the little finisher that goes on the bottom inside corners.  Should
they be chromed?   One set is (sort of) and another is a more dull finish.

Well, one more question - was it ever decided whether there should be some
kind of plate between the windshield stanchions and the cowling on post
60000 cars that have the screw type mounting.   The stanchions have a
cut-out for the screw areas, but no provision for sliding onto a plate.  The
only plates I have seen would require the stanchions to slide on.

Thanks.
Carl