RE: Hmmmm... gulp valve?

To: "'Michael D. Porter '" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: RE: Hmmmm... gulp valve?
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:58:23 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Michael D. Porter wrote:

>I just had a look at an eBay site offering
>a "gulp" valve, with a list price of $179.95
>(that's irrational, since they're available
>now at a lower price), but, what is shown is
>a GT6 PCV valve, originally made by the OEM,
>Smith's.

>BTW, don't bother bidding on this--the same
>item is shown in the Moss TR6 catalog for
>$17.95, suggesting a typo on the part of
>someone writing the part price on the box

Actually there are two quite different Spitfire "gulp valves" currently on
Ebay, both offered by the same seller (bid currently at $16 and $20 with no
reserve). In the description of the item you mentioned, the seller says
"Price on box is marked 179.95. What does that mean? Nothing."

Imagine that! An apparently candid comment by an Ebay seller and an item
that's not [yet] horribly overbid . . . of course there's still time for
that.

Jim Hill
Madison WI