Re: TR6 running rough

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (TR)
Subject: Re: TR6 running rough
From: Ah3thou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:38:07 EST
canada@voyageronline.net wrote:

> My next door neighbor recently bought a 74 TR6 and has been having
> considerable trouble with the engine breaking up....   My neighbor (yes,
this
> is a
> real person--not me) is very meticulous and has set the valves and done all
> of the ignition work carefully to spec.>>

 I haven't seen the original message yet, only 1 reply (I love
aol).............Anyway, Is it an intermittent thing or it just runs bad?

 In 1976 I bought a tune-up kit for my 72 TR6 from a British Dealership, they
gave me a rotor for a 4 cylinder,............. while tuning the car up and
drinking beer I removed the old rotor, my friend installed the new
one......we never saw the 2 side by side, It took a few more beers to figure
out what was wrong when we started it up for the test drive.