TR4 Engine Rebuild: IT RUNS, IT FINALLY RUNS!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Engine Rebuild: IT RUNS, IT FINALLY RUNS!
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:21:19 -0600
I found the trouble today.  No, the distributor was not 180 out.  Try 90
degrees! I was trying to fire the wrong piston all the time.

So after eight days of troubleshooting over the internet (special thanks
to veteran listers Michael D. Porter and Irv Korey) I was finally ready.

And it started on the first push of the solenoid!  And it purred like a
kitten. I was expecting a lumpy throaty hesitant roar.  It purred and
purred and purred and stopped dead when I started to play with the
throttle after about four minutes.

Probably time for another three year rebuild.

Will Daehler
in Wisconsin