Leaky Non Return Valve

To: "john Kossup" <johnek@hotmail.com>
Subject: Leaky Non Return Valve
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:13:02 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "john Kossup"
>Hi all:
Returning to the comfort of the list once more for some advice.  My 1975
Tr6
has a leaking non return valve on the brake servo.  I wish to repair this
and am assuming that the valve must be removed and replaced with a new one.
How does the old vavle come out?  I don't wish to force it in case that is
not correct and it brakes and I end up having to overhaul the servo.  The
manual, in its infinate wisdom , simply states, "remove the faulty non
return valve" Any help is, as always, appreciated.

John ,
<

John,

The Non-return valve has several barbs and is inserted into a rubber seal.
To remove it simply grasp the valve firmly and pull whilst wiggling it in a
circular motion.  Or, using a small, flat blade screwdriver, gently prise
the unit - first one side and then the other to walk it out of the rubber
seal.

That's all there is to it.  Reassembly is the reverse of the above.  ;-)

As I recall, that seal is part of the servo service kit.  You didn't
mention the symptoms that lead you to the diagnosis but perhaps the leak is
this seal and not the valve at all?

Good luck

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA