TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Follow-up

To: "'ArthurK101@aol.com'" <ArthurK101@aol.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Follow-up
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:28:50 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, yesterday my wife and I were making the final snap fittings to the
front bow of the top. Before removing the top, I measured the difference of
the middle bow position with the measurements you provided , to the center
of the 'middle double seam' of the top. The difference was .97". So when the
top was off, I made the 'new' webbing position, but something said-'
Don't install the plate /webbing to the 'moved bow' position YET!

When we refit the top-snaps in place-the center bow would not even move back

 to the position of the double seam of the top. So I am convinced that the
top was 'Seamed' in the wrong place.

ARTHUR -BOTTOM LINE is your measurements are absolutely the correct ones
(you know this-some top makers don't!)
Perhaps a note on the VTR Top installation page "BEFORE YOU Make ANY Lift
the Dot Installations or other snap attachments-carefully check the seams of
your top with the hoodstick in the upright position-
The top fits snug-but no doubt the 'stress factor over time will shorten the
life of the top by 25-30%

Sherman