Re: TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Follow-up

To: STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Hoodstick Webbing Follow-up
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:36:35 EST
In a message dated 13-Mar-00 14:17:49 Eastern Standard Time,
STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us writes:

> ARTHUR -BOTTOM LINE is your measurements are absolutely the correct ones
>  (you know this-some top makers don't!)
>  Perhaps a note on the VTR Top installation page "BEFORE YOU Make ANY Lift
>  the Dot Installations or other snap attachments-carefully check the seams
of
>  your top with the hoodstick in the upright position-
>  The top fits snug-but no doubt the 'stress factor over time will shorten
the
>  life of the top by 25-30%

Sherman, thanks for your feedback.  MY Robbins top instructions said that the
return clause was voided if any snaps had been installed.  fo that reason I
was very careful at the "top shop" where I took the top to be installed I
told the guy to trial fit the top first and then install the snaps.  I also
supervised the job.  That is what we did and there was no problem.

Sorry if I didn't tell you that -- you only asked me for the dimensions and I
assumed that you would know about the snaps from the guarantee.  I hope this
works out for you.

Art Kelly