Re: Sensible advice please

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: Sensible advice please
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:12:23 -0500
Cc: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe:

I had a '74 Spit for a few years, and though it was badly neglected when I got
it, after the major problems were addressed, I could drive it anywhere.  It
never left me stranded -- though it did so to my wife, who, despite her
otherwise numerous talents, did not quite grasp the significance of the glowing
alternator light.  If you can watch over it yourself, or have a mechanic nearby
who can, you should have few reliability issues with a car that's sorted out.

Crash worthiness?  This is a Spitfire we're talking about, right?  Don't buy it
if that's a big concern.  It's gonna lose the battle with just about any car,
with the possible exception of a Mini.

That's why I always look through intersections when I'm in my LBC's, even (or
especially) when I have the right of way.

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, TR6