Re: Old T's and A's

To: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Old T's and A's
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:18:10 -0500
Mike,

I believe you hit on it exactly. I never got a ride in an old Model A or T
when I was in my formative years and I still haven't. Not that there is
anything thing wrong with them. Geez, Fred Thomas has one. :>)  I did have
lots of rides in 60's and 70's muscle cars -even owned a couple- but I
don't share the current craze for them that has them bringing $40,000 + for
Mustangs and Camaros. Quite a lot of collectors cars of any type do just
that- collect (dust) . I for one am glad that I'm part of that hardy lot of
Triumph owners that have their top down on a winter's day- enjoying the
cold crisp air and the gentle amount of warmth that can be obtained from an
LBC heater on full. We may well be nearing the end of another era,
according to the general public,that of the LBC. Thankfully, I'll not know
when that day comes because I'll still be puttering about in my TR6.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 CF50378U purchased new