Main Bearing Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Main Bearing Question
From: "Peter Innocenti" <pinno@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:40:20 -0700
Hi All,
   Well, I just finished installing some new thrust washers on the
TR6. Wasn't really too hard, a pleasant surprise. I got something
that's baffling me though... When I was putting on the main bearing
cap I noticed that the two tabs on the lower bearing were going to
line up with the two tabs on the upper bearing. This seems strange
to me since all my other experiences tell me that the tabs should
be on the opposite sides of each other. The bearing cap wasn't
backwards because the number stamped on it lined up with all the
other numbers on other bearing caps. Has anyone else seen this??
It's really bugging me, almost to the point of taking it apart again.

Thanks,

Pete Innocenti
74 TR6