Re: Cool Water

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Cool Water
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:11:50 -0500
Message text written by "Philip E. Barnes"
>Phil and Dave,
If you wish to put a finer point on this water quality question, there are
several ways to do it. One is to do as someone suggested and get a swimming
pool test kit and test for hardness, which some do. I'll take a guess and
say that anything more that 15 grains per gallon is pushing it. From
practical standpoint, if the tap water in your house will give a good
lather when you shower, you are set. If it doesn't or if boiling water in a
pot leaves a white ring of lime around the top (like my untreated water at
home), better get some bottled water for your cooling system.

Hope this helps.

Phil Barnes<

Thanks, Phil.  This is the kind of information we need to know.

Dave