The water thing

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: The water thing
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:11:40 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Philip E. Barnes"

You want 18 meg-ohm zero-particle water? Start with city water, run it
through a filter to take out the chunkage, next comes a resin bed for light
mineral removal/ion exchange. Carbon tank to remove chlorine then to a
reverse-osmosis unit to strip out remaining minerals. Now comes the good
stuff; Mixed-bed de-ionizing resin, ultra-violet sterilizer (kills the
bugs), ultra-filter to 0.1 micron and an ozone injector to keep it clean.
Keep the whole mess moving at 10 gal/min. or so through the polishing loop
and you're all set. Let it sit for more than an hour and you get to start
all over.

--Phil
<

Does this mean that if I do use your ultra pure water and shut down the
engine for more than an hour I have to drain and refill?

Dave

P.S. ;-)