brake caliper AND clutch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake caliper AND clutch
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:52:24 -0500
Hi lister's

 First, thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the
caliper's... The work is done and everything worked fine. I have another
question. Witch side does the driven plate goes?? In BENTLEY, they say
that the longest side of the center pivot goes at the opposite of the
flywheel. On the driven plate, it's stamped on the longest side of the
pivot : 314 FLY WHEEL SIDE... To make sure I do this right, does the
side of the driven plate with the shortest pivot and the second plate
with springs on it, goes on the side of the pressure plate. In this way,
the driven plate indications are right and BENTLEY is once again giving
me headache!! I should have checked this in october when I dismantled
it...

Jonathan