Best vendor for ft. end parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Best vendor for ft. end parts
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:11:03 +0100
Cc: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net, ednelson@ridgenet.net
Greetings,
I have a question regarding "labor and time"

Can anyone tell me what the average "shop rate" is...and how much time
would be allocated for a COMPLETE front end job on a TR-3A?

I just did a complete front end on a '60TR3A for a neighbor of mine. Since
I feel pretty good about how this job went together, I have the feeling
that other local Triumph (there's a few of 'em around here) cars will find
their way into my garage...since the local pro shops don't have the time or
inclination to work on this old stuff anymore...I'm not a half-bad wrench,
and I love the old cars, so I might as well help out however I can...

Anyway...back to the original question: how much would a shop charge for a
total front end rebuild (and I mean total...) on a TR3A?

and a related question; is there a regular source for this info? a rate
guide or some such that would apply to the vintage stuff?  Would I need to
be a real, working professional, technician to have access to this type of
data?

comments anyone?

Thanks...I appreciate the time.  oh, please do me a favor and respond
offline (as well as to the list - it's just that I don't always get around
to reading the digests, that's all...)

Cheers
Thom Kuby
Porsche freak, with a TR3 in his garage