My first triumph experience and needing help

To: "Nathan Albright" <thepenguin99@mindspring.com>
Subject: My first triumph experience and needing help
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:57:38 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Nathan Albright"
>I recently purchased a 1961 tr4 (ct574) in what I consider restorable
condition. It seems to run pretty good but it is having some clutch release
problems. When I have the clutch down and release it in gear it takes 10-15
seconds to engage. The previous owner said it was probably the slave
cylinder but I removed the slave and it seems to be working ok after having
put a kit in it. I removed the flex line that runs from the slave to the
hard line and it seems to be stopped up. I was wondering if this could be
what is making the clutch very hard to press in and keeping it from
releasing properly.

Nathan Albright
1961 Tr-4 CT574
<

Nathan,

This is a very common occurance.  I've run across it twice, myself.  And
check those brake hoses.  They do the same thing.  My TR3 would veer
sharply to the right everytime I applied the brakes and then straighten
out.  That was because one hose was restricted and allowed the other brake
to apply more quickly.  New hoses and all is well.

Dave