Re: what did I do?

To: LaJoMor@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what did I do?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:11:02 EST

<< Subj:    Re: what did I do?
 Date:  20/03/00 04:07:26 GMT Standard Time
 From:  LaJoMor
 To:    GuyotLeonF

 And you have the temerity to report your decision to the masses??????
yikes!.....go find that man and do the deal....
 Larry M. >>

I understand your sentiments, but then what?
I will have a big liability on my hands, OK I could sell it, if I couldn't
afford to run it.

I suspect that the fuel consumption on a 6.7 litre engine would be at best 12
mpg.
Do you know what gas costs here in the UK?
I'll tell you...it cost 6 USD per Gallon (US).

Our governments annual budget is tomorrow, and in that budget, our dear car
hating government is very likely to do two things...1) raise the tax on gas
by another 6% (they do that every year) and 2) increase the annual road tax
charge to take into account engine size!

My Triumph car is exempt from that road tax charge due to it's age.
It is also exempt from emissions testing.

The RR is a big car, and I would have to keep it in the street.
My rented lock-up garage is too small.
There are 200 houses in my victorian street, none of which have garages...and
it took me 4 years to find the one I have.

Although I live in a good part of town, It is quite likely that the soft top
would soon be slashed, and what do they cost for a Roller? and if that kid
comes along with the key, scratching the paintwork of all the cars in the
street again!
The there's that scumbat that cut a lot of tires last year!
I do need my sleep at nights!

No, this time, I will stick with my convertible Triumph Vitesse, at least I
can keep it hidden away, safely in the garage when I'm not using it.

Sometimes we have to realise that there are other things in life than money.
despite the logic, and the regrets.

Léon

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.