Re: spit rear wheel bearings..

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: spit rear wheel bearings..
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:36:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Dan Carey <appleorchard@prodigy.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Joe Curry wrote:

> Better still, keep the plugs handy to use in the zerk holes
> in your universal joints.  If you put zerks in the U-Joints,
> they will either be too short and you won't get a grease gun
> in there, or too long and they will break off the first time
> the U-Joint bends.  Put the long zerks in to lube and
> replace with those caps as soon as you are through.

Good advice for the most part. But most of the "plugs" I've ever seen for
the rear wheel bearing grease ports have hex-heads about 7/16" across and
won't work in the u-joint.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *