Re: TR4 engine overhaul: $$?

Subject: Re: TR4 engine overhaul: $$?
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:37:39 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    for what's it worth, my '76 TR6 engine was overhauled, including
"decking" the block to increase compression. basically i brought the engine
to him and he installed new valves, guides, springs and lifters, new pistons
and rods, new bearings and seals, new timing chain, and chromed the whole
engine. well, i might be exaggerating a little about chroming the engine!
    my total bill was around $1980.00 and he did re-assemble the whole
thing. hope this helps.
Tom Di Iulio (worked on donor car this weekend that made me appreciate mine
more)
1976 TR6
Denver, Co
ps. can someone tell me why bud rolofson's tool bag is heavier when he
LEAVES
      your house?