Interesting discovery

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting discovery
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:34:02 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Isn't it strange in life that when you're looking for one thing, you often find
something
more interesting?

Today was such an occasion. I'd already had an appointment with a restored 1951
Renown and
then moved on to introduce myself to a 1949 Roadster. While the Roadster dozed
quietly in
the sun of a Spring day, just around the corner, peeping out from behind a half
opened
garage door, was a true gem.

A 1932 Southern Cross, found abandoned a few years ago in a barn and now fully
restored
with no heed paid to the expense. I understand the previous owner bought it for
his wife
as a 40th birthday present but she preferred a modern Mercedes - and got it.
There's
clearly no accounting for taste.

I'm going back within the next ten days to do a full appraisal of this
stupendous car,
photograph it, drive it and then write a 'road test' which material may be of
interest to
a magazine? Any bidders? This is chargeable.

Jonmac