TR6 Tranny Tech stuff

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: TR6 Tranny Tech stuff
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:08:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Greg,

The TR4 tranny is basically the same as the TR6. The only differences are
slight - different gear ratios between years and later TR6 boxes use steel
bushings for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd mainshaft... There are a few other minor
differences, like the bearings being pressed into the layshaft and the
input shaft on the early 'boxes and the laters ones using "open cage style"
bearings.

Other than that, they're the same.

What's wrong with the 'box???

Figure 10 hours tops for a rebuild.

Well, 12 if you drink beer while rebuilding.

But you want this gearbox to function when you're done... right?

;-)

rml
p.s. if you didn't get any other responses - let me know. We have a pretty
good  Xerox machine here!