RE: SU air cleaners: '62 TR4

Subject: RE: SU air cleaners: '62 TR4
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:30:12 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Steven :

Moss P/N 371-520 @ $30/each is listed for early TR4, and is the wire mesh
type permanent filter.  IMO these are suitable only for 'show' cars, not for
anything driven regularly.  The wire mesh will stop large rocks, but isn't
much use against dust and grit.

Moss P/N 371-505 @ $40/each is listed as the 'correct' filter for your car,
and I believe is a paper element type.  It will work fine, but needs to be
replaced when dirty (at another $80/pair !)

For a driver, I suggest Moss P/N 371-560 @ $10/each.  Last time I tried, I
was able to buy the same type filter at the local auto parts store, but I
paid $12/each.  I'm not sure, but these may need some minor mods to fit your
carbs.  They fit my H6 carbs just fine.

There also is a thinner K&N filter that shouldn't hit your fenders.  APT in
Riverside, CA makes several different assemblies that use replaceable K&N
elements.  See their web site at http://www.aptfast.com (NFI, etc.)

Randall
59 TR3A