TR250 Oil Pressure line

To: dmb@cisco.com
Subject: TR250 Oil Pressure line
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:55:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Regarding the oil pressure line on your TR250, my experience is only with
TR6's, so I may be out of line here.... but:

There should be two 1 inch holes in your "firewall" area just above the
steering column and to the "wing" side of things. The one closer to the
center of the car is the hole for the oil line, the one that is "outboard"
is for the speedometer cable.

FWIW, now you're learning why we "take pictures" _before_ we take things
apart. All that adrenelin during the "pink cloud" phase quickly flushes
pertinent facts from your brain.

On your spring thing... you mention a Moss spring that is too tall, but
don't reference a part number... if you told me that your car has Moss
670-148 springs and the springs are too long, I'll tell you that you've
done something wrong back there. The Moss 670-148 springs are about 8.5
inches tall installed height (with the weight on them!) I'll bet you've
installed the infamous Road/Rallye springs - they are too tall for what
you're trying to do. If these are the springs that you have, try a
one-notch/ three-notch combo and see if that helps.

As for the one-notch, two-notch, three-notch thing, see any of the previous
articles from the triumphs list digest (such as the listquest search site)
on setting your _camber_ with the brackets. If you wanna stop "squat", you
need to upgrade your trailing arm bushings and put in stiffer springs.

Can't help you on the the exhaust thing.

Good luck!

regards,
rml
TR6's