Re: BMIHT certificate

To: Robert Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Subject: Re: BMIHT certificate
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:25:31 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Can Anyone please send me any info on obtaining a BMIHT cert. for my 76
>TR-6? Also What info does it contain?
>     Thanks
>Bob Greene

Bob --

You can get a more info at:
http://www.mossmotors.com/heritagemotorcentre/htc.html

There is a link at the bottom of the page to download a PDF file of
the application certificate.  It costs about $40 per, and you can pay
with a credit card if you wish.

I got one for each of my cars; the info generally includes the
original color (both interior and exterior), the original engine #,
optional equipment (if any) that was installed at the factory, date
of build, and where the car was shipped to.

For instance, I was able to learn that my '57 TR3 had disc wheels, no
heater, white paint and a red leather interior when it was built on 3
January 1957, and that it was delivered to a dealer in Detroit.  It
still has the original engine in it.  I think it also had the ship
date listed, but I don't recall what that was.

Some cars may have more info available than others; it probably
depends on how thorough the person recording the information at the
factory that day was.

Hope this helps!

Dan