Fine tuning the carbys

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fine tuning the carbys
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:06:20 +0100
Cc: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Greetings trumpet players,
I have a question regarding fine tuning these SUs...on a TR3A - I'm
assuming they're the stock units.

ok... I THINK I have this right.

In order to completely lean the carbs out - you turn the nut (on the base
of each carb) completely counterclockwise (to close 'em)?
and then you turn clockwise, a "flat at a time", until you get the right
mix? is this right?

I'm using a Redline Synchrometer  for balancing...right now I'm getting a
reading of approx 7.5 on both carbs @ about 700rpm

It doesn't sound bad at all...but I'd just like to know what the proper
fuel mix is on these critters.  Since my experience with SUs is limited to
just this one car (so far) anyone care to walk me through this process? I'd
really appreciate this.

comments anyone?

Thanks...I appreciate the time.  oh, please do me a favor and respond
offline (as well as to the list - it's just that I don't always get around
to reading the digests, that's all...)

Cheers
Thom Kuby
Porsche freak, with a TR3 in his garage