Re: Brake Master Cylinder

To: "Dave Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:02:51 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dave
If you are talking about the cylinder with a plastic reservoir then this is
the second case I have heard of, my 7000 mile Toledo had this problem, I
tried all that you describe and more including two seals to increase the
compression on the joint. In the end I made a mould and produced a new seal
which cured the leak, I would offer to supply you with a seal but our firm
no longer does its own rubber moulding and the cost per unit for a few items
is prohibitive from the people who do our mouldings, (I checked though I
forget the actual cost).

Graham.