RE: TR4 Bonnet Damage Problem - HELP!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Bonnet Damage Problem - HELP!
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:40:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

Thanks for all the ideas and support... Life goes on.

I figured out how the raised little zit got there and beware it
could happen to you.

The Wednesday last I was out in the garage checking out the
leaking fuel pump fittings I was collecting parts for.... BTW
thanks to Michael Ferguson the fittings are replace with new
ferules and all is well.  I had opened the bonnet from the
drivers side... it stayed in place... and assumed that the rod
had engaged.  I walked away to get a tool and SLAM.

The oil can effect in the hood sheet metal is very big and the
momentum sprung the center of this big area against the
thermostat housing.  Try pushing down on your bonnet.  So make
sure you have the rod completely engaged.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html