Rear Shocks/TR3A

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Shocks/TR3A
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:48:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi-
        Has anyone ever devised a test to determine whether lever shocks are
still providing the intended damping?  I can envision hanging a known weight
on the arm, and measuring the time the arm takes to descend ( either a known
distance or it's entire range of travel..)  I had to scrape off a pile of
Eisenhower dirt, indicating they may be original, but they were full of
clean oil.  They seem to have an "even" amount of resistance,(L-R) but can
one translate that into correct operation when a car's weight is bouncing
around on them?
        Your thoughts?
Bob Westerdale