North Carolina law (IMPORTANT)

To: jensen-cars@british-steel.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: North Carolina law (IMPORTANT)
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:58:46 -0500
Sorry to bomb the list with a local issue but the government is sneaking
another law into effect to take away more of our rights.

If you live in Wake County, North Carolina you should be aware that the
county board is meeting on Tuesday, April 3rd at 2:00 PM at the Wake County
Courthouse to discuss and finalize a Wake County law that would fine
residents up to $100.00 per day for each and every car that they have on
THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY that is not licensed, running, and registered.

THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE YOU WILL HAVE TO ARGUE AGAINST THIS LAW!!!! It has
not been well publicized and there has been no attempt to let people know
about the meeting even though it is a public forum.

Please call the Wake County Board of Commissioners at 919-856-6160 for
further information. In fact, I don't suppose it would do any harm for any
interested party to call to express their opinion about this law. It is
still supposed to be a free country, (except for old car owners, of course.)

I have a couple of parts cars on my property, a TR4 and a Jensen-Healey. I
have three acres of ground. To make sure that no one would be offended by
my hobby I bought the four acre lot next to mine. With seven acres no one
can see my house or my cars from the road or from any point outside my
property line. I will still have to get rid of my parts cars or face a $200
per day fine. Needless to say, I am not happy with this.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC
919-848-1782