Spin-on-madness

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Spin-on-madness
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:11:33 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by John Summers
>This after my rude
discovery that my Optima battery was dead!  Apparently having the wires
to the oil pressure sensor on the side of the engine incorrectly
attached caused a constant drain on the battery over the weekend (you
tell me). <

John,

The oil pressure switch is a multipurpose device.  Not only does it tuen on
the oil warning light it also turns off the Anti-Run-On valve.  When the
key is in the off position it feeds +12 volts to one side of the solenoid
coil.  The other side of the solenoid coil is connected to ground via the
oil pressure switch.  If you hook up the wires wrong in the right way your
solenoid valve will be energized all the time the engine is off.  This is
appearently what happened.

Here's a repeat of what I said sunday:

>Can any of you let me know what wires go to what prong on the oil
>pressure sensor that comes out of the side of the engine? I surely got
>.even though I just re-re-re-filled the oil.

If you start at the empty quadrant and work clockwise the first wire is
black, the next on is white/brown and the third is white/green.

Hope this helps.

Dave