RE: TR6 Timing chain sprockets

To: "Keith Ehrlich" <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Timing chain sprockets
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:36:32 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Keith, I may have the same out of alignment problem on my 71 TR6.  If I try
to time it with a timing light, it runs real rough.  If I advance the timing
until it smoothes out it's advanced beyond the timing marks, but seems to
run great.

I tried to install an electronic ignition last night, but now I can't get it
to start.  If anyone has any advise on the electronic ignition please let me
know, it's a crane ignition.  I tried to readjust the optical sensor quite a
few times, but no success.

I think I'll probably go back to the points, for now anyway.  The last parts
I need to get it on the road should be in tonight and I'm hoping to go for
my first drive in a TR6 since the mid 70s this weekend.

Ken Waringa