TR3 Bumper - Can it be salvaged?

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Bumper - Can it be salvaged?
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:40:39 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
See http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/TS81802/Bumper/Bumper.htm
(Click on image for larger view)

I have no idea what happened to the bumper that came with the project.  I
don't think this is it - maybe it is - but there isn't damage to the body to
warrant the condition of the bumper.   Doesn't really matter as it is what I
have to work with.  I have an aftermarket on back order but if it is true to
form it won't be of the quality an original.

I have not taken it to a chromer (there aren't any close by) to see if it
can be repaired/rechromed.  Do you think it is salvageable?

I am going to see if there are any chrome shops on the web and ask them, but
thought I would ask here first.

As always...
Thanks
Carl