Spin On Oil Filter Adapters again....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spin On Oil Filter Adapters again....
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:00:59 +0000
I really do not want to start this thread again....... but merely to add my
name to the list of those who have installed a SOFA... only to find 6 qts of
nice new oil on the floor afterwards.  (I wonder if MOSS also owns the kitty
litter franchise?)  I had studied the postings on this subject and carefully
cleaned and examined the gaskets as best as I could with it in the car..
but...obviously not well enough.
Next I am going to remove the entire housing from the block and try fitting
the adapter on the bench where I can really see it.   I assume that the gasket
and attachment to the block is pretty easy and fail proof compared installing
the adapter.  Are there any suprises in pullling the purolator housing??

TIA, Bill Hook,  57 TR3