Electrical Fluctuations in 75 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Fluctuations in 75 TR6
From: RBMUSNRET@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:35:14 EST
Just got back in from a short evening drive right at sundown.  An unusual
thing occurred.  I noticed that my headlights suddenly seemed brighter, my
instrument lights were brighter, my voltmeter was reading past 15 volts, my
gas gauge (which I don't trust anyway) was pegged wayyy past 4/4, and the
water temperature gauge was also pegged (hot).  This situation lasted a few
minutes, then suddenly the headlights dimmed to normal, the gauges all moved
back to normal, and the instrument lights were again back to their usual
brightness.  This process repeated itself a couple more times during the
remaining 10 miles home.  The car seemed to run fine otherwise.

The only thing I've done of note to the electrical system since I purchased
the car 3 months ago is replace all the Lucas 35 amp fuses with 35 amp fuses
from Moss (make unknown) and remove the completely non-functional dealer
installed a/c system.  My question, what's going on with the electrics?  Any
ideas/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rick Murray
CF39711