Re: Electrical Fluctuations in 75 TR6

To: RBMUSNRET@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Fluctuations in 75 TR6
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:39:42 EST
In a message dated 03/30/2000 5:36:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RBMUSNRET@aol.com writes:

<<  my voltmeter was reading past 15 volts,  >>

I'm certainly not the electrical guru for this list by a long shot...but one
of the Spridget listers had this happen three time in a row with rebuilt
Lucas alternators.   He just switched to the GM alternator set up.

Also, if the alternator is going bad and surging past 15 volts, the fuses you
went to may be too  high.  Check the archives for long discussions of British
fuses vs American fuses.  I seem to remember you need to halve the value when
converting to new 'merican fuses.

R. Houston